Saturday, April 10, 2010

oh so there's a mind reading device now...

apparently it was premiered at some convention. it can "guess" what you're thinking about.

omg, I think about the craziest topics. these don't reflect what I actually believe half the time. like, right now I am thinking "leonardo dicaprio is retarded". but, I doubt he's actually retarded. just under-educated due to acting (just go with it) in movies rather than going to schools. although... schools these days...

oh, the mind reading thing is all being promoted as so convenient. wouldn't you like to have the number of a "posh restaurant." if I want a goddamn phone number, I will look at the fucking internet on my goddamned phone. I probably can't AFFORD the "posh restaurant", but whatever. if I should time travel, there have been phone books for 100 years.

just a few days ago, I learned that, like 40 years ago, the russians invented a device (called a lida machine) that can make you go sleepy bye. and it can wake you up, too. can I get one of these?!?! omg! they are allegedly being used to fuck with some people, but, in the right hands (mine) they could be useful. an insomnia cure... I wonder if you can put a timer on one... oh, I think they were originally used in hospitals. I do think there must surely be a drawback to them. (sigh)

4 comments:

Ricky Sprague said...

I'd rather have the device that can make you go invisible.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/mar/18/cloaking-device-objects-invisible-infrared

It's coming!

Allen the Duck Guy said...

Heh. According to some, the Philadelphia Project may have been developing a device to do both, dude...

shampoo said...

ricky, but it's only to infrared light. boo. well, actually. yay.

there used to be a guy on alt.conspiracy who very earnestly posted about the cia's ability to make themselves into tiny, invisible, flying people. now, if they could do THAT would they even need to be able to do anything else?!

i don't know if he thought it up himself or if there is a scifi book that has that or what. if there's not, there should be...

shampoo said...

allen tdg, i think the drawback with that was you were radar invisible and regular invisible because you were somewhere else now. but they were really only trying for radar invisibility. which i think is stealth fighter technology. but, idk. i haven't looked into that for a while...