Monday, June 14, 2010

larry king may finally retire!!

even though he is only 312 years of age, larry king has decided that it's time to quit punching the old time clock and let someone else have a turn. apparently, that "someone else" is going to be piers morgan of all people on earth. wtf? i'm not even sure if this is an improvement and i didn't think it'd be that difficult to be an improvement over larry king.

i guess cnn is just doing this for the love to taping stuff and they don't really NEED viewers? because, to be honest, the promise of piers is just not making me want to tune in... not that i was watching larry either, but still.

4 comments:

Allen the Duck Guy said...

I don't know who Piers is, but CNN has some very questionable folks delivering their news. I've often thought that I would do a better job than every one they currently use.
Still, it beats Fox "News" any day.

Ricky Sprague said...

The way he interviews, it seems like Mr. King retired years ago.

Piers Morgan is apparently a fairly prominent interviewer/TV personality in England. I have no doubt he will be a vast improvement.

shampoo said...

allen tdg, piers was a judge on america's got talent as well as the original show.

according to the article that I read, he's done interview/news as well. so, technically, he sounds qualified as far as that goes.

shampoo said...

ricky s, true about larry king. I read up on piers a little before I wrote the article... I think he can do the job. but, I don't know... i'm just not excited about a show with him.

so, no improvement in appeal to shampoo. possibly an improvement in skill of interviewing (i say possibly since i've never seen him interview anyone). although, I suppose, a lot depends on the guests and so forth.